Swimming Lessons - Current
Small Group Lessons
Group lessons are back with social distance protocols in place. Others will be able to register into these classes just like pre-COVID. Find out more about Group Lessons. You don't need to fill out the POD form for these just register for your level below as usual.
A new swim program for a new reality. A POD is a designated pool space for up to 4 participants that YOU control. You pay the same price whether you have 1, 2, 3 or 4 participants in your POD. There are some very important considerations when booking:
- Therapy Pool PODS are 30 minutes. Lap Pool PODS are 45 minutes.
- To facilitate adequate social distancing practices instructors will only make direct physical contact in case of emergencies. It is therefore highly recommended that children be able to touch the bottom of the pool unless they are swimming at Level 5 or higher. Otherwise an adult will be required to enter the water with the participants and will occupy one of the 4 spots allocated to the POD.
|Therapy Pool 30 Mins||Depth||Suggested for:||Lap Pool 45 Mins||Depth||Suggested for|
|Therapy Pool POD 1||60cm||3 years old||Lap Pool POD 1||1-1.35m||6 years +|
|Therapy Pool POD 2||70cm||3-4 years old||Lap Pool POD 2||1-1.35m||6 years +|
|Therapy Pool POD 3||70cm||3-4 years old||Lap Pool POD 3||1-1.35m||6 years +|
|Therapy Pool POD 4||80cm||4-5 years old||Lap Pool POD 4||3.15m||Swim Kids 5-10|
|Therapy Pool POD 5||95cm||4-6 years old||Lap Pool POD 5||3.15m||Swim Kids 5-10|
|Lap Pool POD 6||3.15m||Swim Kids 5-10|
- If enrolling multiple participants being close to the same swimming level is highly encouraged. Instructors will do their best to accommodate whatever the composition of the POD ends up being but no two pods will be the same. Whether you want to register all of your own children or partner up with another parent and share the POD is entirely up to you.
- Once you book your POD fill out your POD info here
Weekly Swim Lessons Availibility
Lessons are pro-rated automatically. Group, Private and POD lessons available.
|Monday||Dec 14||3:15 - 7pm|
|Tuesday||Dec 15||3:15 - 7pm|
|Wednesday||Dec 16||3:15 - 7pm|
|Thursday||Dec 17||3:15 - 7pm|
|Friday||Dec 18||3:15 - 7pm|
|Saturday||Dec 19||9am - Noon|
|Sunday||Dec 20||9am - Noon|
Unless otherwise specified by a program director or within any other documentation, the following cancellation policy and JCC Credit timetable applies to all Schwartz/Reisman Centre programs:
For Programs that Meet Fewer Than 3 Times
Due to the costs and booking commitments associated with short-term programs, we regret that we cannot offer any JCC Credit for programs, classes, or events that meet fewer than three times per programming season. Additionally, The Schwartz/Reisman Centre cannot be responsible for providing make-ups or issuing any credit for programs missed as a result of personal scheduling conflicts, illness, emergencies, or other circumstances beyond our control. If you are unable to attend a program in this category, we encourage you to consider your registration fee a form of support for the Schwartz/Reisman Centre, helping to sustain wonderful programs.
For Programs that Meet 3+ Times
You may receive JCC Credit for withdrawal from a program when your cancellation request conforms to the timetable outlined below. Please note there is a $15 processing fee for all transfers and cancellations.
- Full JCC Credit will be granted for withdrawal from a Schwartz/Reisman Centre program when a written request is received at least one week before the date of the first class.
- 50% JCC Credit will be granted for withdrawal from a JCC program when a written request is received before the second class.
- After the second class, JCC Credit cannot be granted. (However, you may transfer from one class to another of equal or lesser value if there is space available and with the program director's approval.)
- All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to: The Schwartz Reisman Centre 9600 Bathurst Street, Vaughan Ontario, L6A 3Z8, Attn: Registration; or by e-mail to [email protected] Please allow three to four weeks for processing of your cancellation request.
*All JCC programs and events are subject to change or cancellation. However, in the event that the JCC must cancel its own program, refunds will be issued. The policy articulated here applies to The Schwartz Reisman Centre only, and does not apply to Centre Camp, The Schwartz Reisman Centre daycare and preschool or The Schwartz Reisman Centre Fitness and Health.
In order to receive the member discount on programs, the Schwartz/Reisman Centre requires that participants be active members at the time of registration and throughout the duration of the registered program(s).
Please be advised that the Schwartz/Reisman Centre operates on a JCC Credit only policy and does not issue any refunds unless otherwise advised and approved by a program director.
JCC Credit applied to your JCC account can be redeemed for any program at the JCC (not including Centre Camp and Schwartz/Reisman Centre daycare and preschool), can be used by any family member on your account, and carries no expiration date.
Registration for Schwartz/Reisman Centre programs closes one week before the start date of a course. For some classes we accept registrations until the program has reached 50% of its classes.
We recommend registering as early as possible, as many programs have limited space, and other programs depend upon a certain enrollment number to ensure they will run. Your place in a program can only be guaranteed when accompanied by payment.